Register at the Labour Office or register and claim online. If you are too ill to go to the Labour Office, a friend or family member can make the application but must take all the documents with them.
Documents you need to make the claim:
· ID book
· Copies of your last six pay slips
· Form UI-2.8 for banking details
· UI-19 – information supplied by your employer
· A service certificate from the employer
· Proof of banking details
· A statement of amount paid to you during maternity leave
· Form UI-2.7
· Form UI-2.3 (application form)
· Medical certificate from a doctor or birth certificate of the baby
· Form UI-4 (follow up form)
· A fully completed registration form
When you register for maternity benefits you will get FORM UF92. This form must be filled in by a doctor. You must then take the form back to the Labour Office.