Register at the nearest Labour Office or register and claim online.
Sign the unemployment register and return to sign it when you are told to do this to show that you are still unemployed and qualify for benefits. If you miss signing the register this could delay your application. If you are ill on the day you need to sign, you need to have a doctor’s certificate.
Documents you need to make the claim:
· ID book
· Copies of your last six pay slips
· UI-19 – information supplied by your employer
· A service certificate from the employer
· Proof of registration as a work seeker
· A fully completed registration form