What must the employer do?

Any employer who is registered with SARS for employee’s tax also needs to register with SARS to pay UIF contributions. 

An employer who is not registered with SARS for employee’s tax can register with the UIF for purposes of paying the UIF contributions.  Use the uFiling link to do this online:  https://www.ufiling.co.za/uif/ .

An employer must register all employees with UIF.  This includes foreign workers.  If an employer is not registered they will not be able to claim UIF if they later become unemployed, ill or pregnant.

LegalBite Sub Title

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram